Do these little tricks, and you’ll have a cookie that’s textured on the outside, and soft on the inside.
Easy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
What you’re gonna need.
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 4 oz milk or semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 4 oz dark chocolate chunk, or your preference
Alright, let’s get started. First off, organize your ingredients into groups. Sugar, salt, and butter are in one group. Pair your egg and vanilla into a second group. The flour and baking soda are the third group.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the granulated and brown sugars, salt, and butter until you get a paste-like consistency. No lumps.
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla.
- Sift in the flour and baking soda. (Be careful not to overmix. Overmixing causes the gluten in the flour to toughen).
4. Fold in the chocolate chunks. And then place saran wrap over the bowl and chill the dough for at least 30 minutes. For a more intense flavor chill the dough overnight. The longer the dough rests, the more flavorful they’ll be.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F. And line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
6. Scoop the dough with an ice-cream scoop onto the baking sheet, leaving 4 inches of space between cookies and 2 inches of space from the edges of the pan.
7. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350°F, or until the edges are slightly browned.
8. Take the cookies out of the oven. And let them cool on the tray for 5-10 minutes.
Finally, pour yourself a glass of almond milk. Grab your golden brown masterpieces and go watch one of these.